Workshop submission now closed
Thank you to those who submitted a workshop idea for ABF19.
These workshops provide attendees with the opportunity to experience a more in-depth exploration of aspects of Activity Based Funding. Once workshops are confirmed, they will be listed on this page, and conference delegates will be able to select their preferred sessions during the registration process.
Summary of workshop submission instructions
- Read the general policies and requirements (below) for the submission of your presentation proposal.
- Write your workshop summary directly into the form provided. Please note: presentation summaries must not exceed the 100 word limit. The word limit relates only to the body of the presentation and does not include title, authors and institutions.
- Complete the form to submit your final workshop presentation summary. You will be unable to access your uploaded document once it has been submitted. If you need to make any amendments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
General policies and requirements
- Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the presentations used in the conference proceedings publication and via the mobile phone application.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their workshop(s) is included in the final program.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the conference managers at email@example.com or phone: +61 2 9265 0700 for further information.
- All presentation summaries must be prepared according to the abstract format and layout guidelines provided below.
- There is no limit to the number of workshop abstracts that may be submitted by an individual.
Workshop presentation summary format and layout guidelines
- Presentation summaries must not exceed a 100 word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the summary and does not include title, authors and institutions. Please ensure you delete the instructions from the abstract template and DO NOT include author name or affiliation in your uploaded document. The author name and affiliation will be automatically included in the final PDF.
- Please use Arial type font and font size 12 for the abstract text. Formatting is preserved (italics, bold, superscripting, subscripting, underlining) and symbol characters (i.e. ± , μ, ß) may be used.
- Type the workshop title in the field provided on the online submission form. The template will allow a title of up to 180 characters in length. The title will be accepted in sentence case only. If your title includes acronyms or nouns which require capitalisation, please email the conference managers via firstname.lastname@example.org to have these updated on your behalf.
- Submissions must be free of typographical and grammatical errors and use sentence case for headings.
- Abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the presentation summary.
- You will be asked to provide a short biography (up to 150 words) and a photo with your submission. This photo and biography will be added to the conference mobile phone application and provided to the session chairperson.
- Use single line spacing.
- Add co-authors in the relevant section of the submission page. All presenting authors must be indicated at this stage. Please provide a biography and photo for all presenting authors.
Submitting your workshop
Click here to commence your submission.
Workshop submissions will only be accepted via the conference website and in the above format.
Note that you will need to set up a new account in the portal, even if you have set up an account for previous events. If you have submitted an abstract through the portal for ABF2019, you can use the same login details.
- Click the green ‘Create an author account’ on the bottom right hand side. After completing your details you will be sent an email to verify your account for login. Please remember your account password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Once logged in, click ‘Submit workshop’ to access the submission page.
- Enter your workshop title in the ‘Title’ section
- Upload your abstract in a .doc and .docx format, following the format used in the example template.
- Please note: you are submitting the body text of your abstract only. DO NOT include the abstract title or author details in the abstract word document.
- List all authors in the correct order in the author section by clicking ‘Add Co-Author’, ensuring you indicate the presenting authors for the workshop.
- Answer the additional questions at the bottom of the submission form.
- Hit ‘Preview and submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract in PDF and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, hit ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
If you experience any technical issues while submitting your abstract or would like any changes made to the PDF of your workshop, please contact us via email@example.com.
Notification of acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by 21 February 2019.
Accepted workshops will be published in the conference proceedings. The conference will not be held responsible for workshop submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.