The call for abstract submission deadline has passed. The Scientific Committee is now reviewing all submissions and putting together an insightful, innovative agenda.
Check the conference Program page in late March for a complete conference agenda.
• Activity-based management
• Coding and documentation
• Data, analytics and benchmarking
• Pricing and funding
• Safety and quality
• Value-based care
General policies and requirements
- All abstracts must be original work. An abstract should not be submitted if the work has been or is to be published or presented at a major national or international meeting.
- An abstract must contain sufficient information so that if published, it will be a complete report independent of presentation. The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented within the text.
- Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the conference proceedings and via the mobile phone application.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the conference managers at email@example.com or phone +61 2 9265 0700 for further information.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the abstract format and layout guidelines provided below. Abstracts will only be accepted and published if submitted using the supplied template, available here.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual. However, splitting of a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred.
Abstract format and layout guidelines
- Abstracts must not exceed a 500 word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions. Please ensure you delete the instructions from the abstract template and DO NOT include author name or affiliation in your uploaded document. The author name and affiliation will be automatically included in the final PDF.
- Please use Arial type font and font size 12 for the abstract text. Formatting is preserved (italics, bold, superscripting, subscripting, underlining) and symbol characters (i.e. ± , μ, ß) may be used.
- Type the abstract title in the field provided on the online submission form. The template will allow a title of up to 180 characters in length. The title will be accepted in sentence case only. If your title includes acronyms or nouns which require capitalisation, please email the conference managers via firstname.lastname@example.org to have these updated on your behalf.
- Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors and use sentence case for headings.
- Abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- You will be asked to provide a short biography (up to 150 words) and photo with your submission. This photo and biography will be added to the conference mobile phone application and provided to the session chairperson.
- Use single line spacing.
- Add co-authors in the ‘Author(s)’ section of the submission page. All presenting authors must be indicated at this stage. Please provide a biography and photo for all presenting authors.
Authors must prepare their abstract in advance using the ABF19 submission template. All abstracts will be checked and if you don’t use the template, your abstract may be declined. Authors can then upload the completed abstract via the online form.
Abstracts should be written in Arial, size 12 font and be justified with single line spacing. The abstract author and title details are to be entered in the online form for automatic inclusion in the abstract upon submission.
Submitting your abstract
Click here to commence your submission.
Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the conference website and in the above format.
Note that you will need to set up a new account in the portal, even if you have set up an account for previous events.
- Click the green ‘Create an author account’ on the bottom right hand side. After completing your details you will be sent an email to verify your account for login. Please remember your account password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Once logged in, click ‘Submit abstract’ to access the submission page.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper details’
- Upload your abstract in a .doc and .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- Please note: you are submitting the body text of your abstract only. DO NOT include the abstract title or author details in the abstract Word document.
- List all authors in the correct order in the ‘Author(s)’ section, ensuring you indicate the presenting authors for the abstract.
- Select your abstract theme from the list provided.
- Answer the additional questions at the bottom of the submission form.
- Hit ‘Preview and submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract in PDF and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, hit ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
If you experience any technical issues while submitting your abstract or would like any changes made to the PDF of your abstract, please contact us via email@example.com.
Notification of acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by 28 February 2019.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings. The conference will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.